Monday, March 17, 2014

Relaxation Methods I've found so far..

So far I found some methods that I've heard of in many places and that I am interested in trying.


1. Visualization. I think there are guided sessions of this. I've done it before with someone and it was VERY effective and nice. It created a happy place I could go to for a few months after that.

2. TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE
 As much as I like this idea, I end up getting stressed without my cell phone on just because I fear I'm going to miss something like a call or an email. However I feel that this is something that I need to work on, taking at least 10 minutes to just turn it off and relax, maybe meditate or read quietly.

3. Enjoy Music.

4. Enjoy silence....

There's a lot to be said for enjoying some simple silenfce, opening the windows closing your eyes and just kind of being for a minute. Or doing things and listening to the world around you. To often I'm listening to music, listening to some video or something else, the text and other notification signals....But then the power went out last weekend and I found I was truly enjoying silence for a minute and it was good.



5. Become Aware.

Just become aware of yourself, of your body. Live in the present.


6. EFT(Emotional Freedom Technique)
There's this fun technique. I've tried it before. It takes some discipline and I'm not very good at that so I'm very good at this but it's actually really cool and was a helpful during some times when things were waaaaaay to much for me to handle. Warning: You may hurt and cry. A lot but you will feel a lot better when it's all done. I'll try and find some stuff and post it sometime.

7.  Go for a walk

"But wait!" I say as I stare at this picture of someone walking down a beach. "I do walk. A lot. I'm just not outside."
Well Quinn, it's time you learned that pacing anxiously around the house is not helping you relax. It's just frustrating.
"But winter! It's cold! Where else will I walk?"
You can run in the basement and do other such working out activities. Working out is important as is getting rid of excess aggression. Also start running once it gets warm, or go and ride your bike(or both). It's nice out and cars are nice but wouldn't you like to get something out of your day too?

8. Get a job and volunteer

It's fun to help people and I'm happiest when I'm working like a mad man and getting a day or two of rest afterwards. Volunteering at the MIS one weekend over the summer, I worked concessions and it was GREAT! We went from 6 am to 6 pm and it was non-stop craziness! Being useful and doing things is awesome. It was exhausting eventually, yes, but it was nice.

That's just some of the things that were thought of/found today. Again apologies for the inner dialogue that's everywhere but isn't that kind of what a blog is? It will become less I promise.

QUESTING!





1 comment:

  1. Inner dialogue is for sure what blogging is about. I like your focus on relaxation methods -- those definitely come in handy this time of year.

    ReplyDelete