Monday, February 10, 2014

Okay so I have yet to actually cut my Narwhal pieces. I've got the colors all picked out but. The Narwhals are well. It's a slow process.

HOWEVER!

I do a lot of baking sometimes and of late I've been baking things. Alas I haven't photographed anything. Sadness.

But here's some of the things I have made and I'll link recipes that are either like them or the exact ones! SO!

Chocolate Peppermint Bread

Similar Recipe Here

Okay so this isn't exactly the same recipe as the one I had made, the one I got I got for Christmas it was in a tube with the mix and things so I didn't have to mess with all the dry ingredients however this is pretty close. I didn't have that strange red frosting type stuff under my peppermints and my peppermints were more crushed because I used a hammer(a rolling pin also works) and a plastic zippy bag.

This bread actually went pretty easily. There were some problems getting it out of the pan, i don't think i greased it enough so some stuff got stuck on the bottom(Yay yummy leftovers! Can't leave good food to just get washed out!) but other than that it went really great. The bread was really delicious;. I wrapped it in foil and just left it in the microwave however if you stick it in the fridge that's good as well.

I think some tasty toppings with this would be some vanilla ice cream with a mint topping whose name I can't think of but that used to come in this glass bottle and it was green and really good and some dark chocolate drizzled on top because wow. Yum.

Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Recipe

Okay so this was not one of my prettiest creations however it was pretty tasty though maybe not my favorite one and I'm not sure I would do it again unless I had a spring form pan which I think is where my problems came from. Also I don't think I mixed everything together as much as I should have.

The bread pudding ended up taking two hours to bake. Again I think this was because of the problems that I mentioned before. It was taking awhile to get the consistency I wanted and to not just be raw pumpkin stuff.

But overall it was good. I think I will try it again if I ever get that kind of pan. Also some whipped cream and maybe some ice cream would be good if I could get it to normal bread pudding consistency. I would definitely like to try this again.

Normal Bread Pudding

Okay so normal bread pudding recipe I got from a  book that I have at home so I'll type it up later for you however this recipe was, as my grandmother often says, super easy. It turned out great and was the perfect consistency, texture and flavor. There was little that could have been done to make it more awesome and simple.

Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Similar Recipe Here

Again I got this from a little package so I'll have to put a close recipe. However This also turned out amaaazing though I think in the future I'll cook it a little less than the box says because I like my bread and such things to be a little doughier. But this was also really fantastic. Again I keep saying add ice cream but really like the breads and everything on their own are great. Just. Yes they are lovely and you should definitely try making them on your own.



A Note for the Bread Puddings:

Not everybody plans ahead to just have stale bread, I know I sure don't because I'm pretty spontaneous when I bake things. So for those of you that are like me and kind of bad at pre-planning when to make their deliciousness, set your oven to 350, throw it on a pan and bake it for 10-15 minutes and viola nice staled bread.






No comments:

Post a Comment